<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7753387073704291704?origin\x3dhttps://whatemdid.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
NYX haul
Tuesday, 7 June 2011 20:27
Leave A Comment / (0 Comments)
[Warning: photo heavy!]
I got my package a few weeks ago that I ordered from Cherry Culture when they had their sale. I heard mixed reviews about their packaging etc. after I placed my order and then proceed to anticipate whether the gold would be at the end of the rainbow or not... Just a note, if you were to buy makeup online, NEVER trust the 'swatches' they give you. Google them! Forgiveness for the bad quality of photos, still learning the tricks of the trade.


NYX Cream blushes

I'M IN LOVE D:!! I haven't tried any other cream blushes before so can't compare too much, but figured $6 can't set my budget back too much... unless I buy 6... Plus I've read some decent reviews on these babies! I already had 2 (Natural & Rose Petal) and was amazed by the quality of them so bought the 4 more from Cherry. Currently obsessed with 'Golden'. Not too pinky for my pasty-winter-white face, gives me this loving 'glow'-ing complexion (hehe, see what I did there). It blends into your skin so well and last the whole day (that is if you don't sweat cause it's 219847 degrees outside. Oh, and not a lot of product is needed unlike some powder blushes. dab a bit with a stippling brush and stipple on both your cheeks and gently blend it in for a beautiful finish. They're more matte finish though so sometimes I put a bit of bronzer on top of the more pinkier shades, just cause I'm that white to make it look too pink. Plus it gives it a good shimmer for those occasional nights (I'm still fun...)

NYX Round Lipgloss
(Taken with and without flash just cause I think the swatches look so different regardless of what kind of WB I use)

I've heard that the scent of these lipglosses can be a bit off-putting but I was actually fine with it. Not a lipgloss girl personally but doesn't heart at like $2.50 a pop, right? Baby Pink, though lovely to look at, didn't suit my skin/lip shade at all so for me it's a miss. My hit would be Whipped and Real Nude, which are lovely to be used on its on or on top of lipsticks. The other shades I would say don't quite look as good on it's on, more as a finishing top.

NYX Round Lipstick

Quality wise, I don't have much to comment on. Many others would agree that these lipsticks are lovely, rich and very pigmented with a more velvet like texture. I've honestly had worst quality from 'designer' brands than these. MUST MISS FOR, LIKE, EVERYONE: IRIS. This is the worst colour ever. I've learnt my lesson to never trust site 'swatches'. It's like this horrible golden bronzy, shimmery colour. WHO EVEN WEARS THIS COLOUR? On a brighter note (I sound like such a cliche writer... yay conformist) Tea Rose, Rose Petal, Fig for those who like their easy everyday pinky-nudes. Strawberry milk, too bright for my Asian-pale skin. Christie & Gem is a bit too bright pink, not my everyday hit. Last but not least, Pumpkin Pie a sort-of nude colour that I would def wear occasionally as well.

I also got 3 new Jumbo Eye Crayons in Cottage Cheese, Iced Mocha and Yoghurt. Sorry, forgot to swatch these but I'm sure there are plenty of other photos courtesy of my BFF Google. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THESE COLOURS. CC is great for the inner corners of your eyes, compared to my Milk shade. Silver shimmer rather than blunt white. I use Iced Mocha almost daily atm, a sort of cafe-latte brown shimmer that I blend in with matte black eyeshadow on the outter edge of my eye. Maybe I'll post how it looks.

This has been a long post. My laptop is dying.
xx


Labels:




◀ FORWARD
BACK ▶